Working out of our Vancouver Studio, the Intermediate Architectural Technologist will primarily be the technical resource for the CHIL studio and responsible for drafting and production standards and at the same time contributing to the effective planning and deployment of staff on Hospitality Interior Design projects. This role will report to the Design Principals, CHIL Interior Design or as designated.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Act as resource and technical drawing coordinator for all CHIL studio design team
- Schedule and oversee production of all documentation packages
- Create contract document standards for all stages of project delivery including client approval, hotel operator review, coordination with consultants/engineers, tender submission, permit approval, construction, & as-built (post construction)
- Develop and provide technical guidance to details in accordance with design intent
- Coordinate between Interior Design and consultant drawings
- Prepare presentation drawings
- Guide and prepare contract documents packages
- Liaise with sub consultants
- Coordinate and work with production teams
- Assist with and/or manage contract administration services
- Graduate from a recognized Architectural Technologists Program, and membership in designated professional association
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a technologist in an Architectural or Interior Design firm with a passion for hospitality interiors and a focus on Documentation, Technical Drawing and Project Oversight.
- Experience in both Hospitality and Residential interior design projects
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft office
- Working knowledge of Canadian Building Codes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extremely well organized with good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org , with “CHIL – Architectural Technologist” in the subject line.