We are seeking a talented design-oriented Intermediate to Senior level Interior Designer in our Shanghai Studio. Reporting to the Project Director; responsible for preparing interior design concepts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Design team to formulate preliminary space plans and produce two- and three-dimensional and creative design concepts that are functional, within budget and aesthetically pleasing.
- Understand and have working knowledge of materials and products that will be used to create and furnish the space and how texture, color, lighting and other factors combine and interact to make a space.
- Communicate with clients, consultants and contractors as required and directed by Project Director and/or Design Director.
- Prepare or assist with checking/reviewing specifications for interior construction, space planning, materials, finishes, furniture, furnishings, fixtures, equipment and millwork; create sample boards; knowledgeable in the areas of building construction, building materials, specifications, codes, life safety issues, technical drawing and business practices.
- Collaborate together with Project Manager with consultants who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical and structural design as well as any specialty consultants as required.
- Understanding of project fee and client budget.
- Manage to design small projects alone and significant portions of larger and more complex projects.
- 8-12 years of relevant industry experience as an interior designer; exposures to hospitality/commercial/healthcare projects in Asia would be preferred.
- Experienced in initial design including ID concept design & schematic design with strong technical skills (Sketchup/3D Max, InDesign, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite).
- Understand the design process and able to comprehend the client’s needs and goals; well-developed time management and organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects.
- Strong team player with “Green Design” sense.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English.