This is a full-time permanent position working with and supporting Senior Architects on the development of projects with responsibility for preparing client presentation materials, schematic and design development drawings, and construction documentation as well as liaising with consultants and other team members.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Participate in all phases of project development: schematic design to contract administration and close-out
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, site and environmental analysis, construction documentation, contract administration and authority submissions on a wide variety of projects under guidance from senior architects
- Identify and solve technical problems
- Participate in site meetings and conduct general reviews
- Coordinate plans and specifications with project consultants
- Ensure the flow of information within the project team
- Manage communications with project consultants and act as liaison
- Perform industry related research: building science, code issues, design research, detailing, sustainability, etc.
- Graduated with a professional degree/diploma in Architecture and be a registered Intern Architect with 4-6 years of experience
- Ability to work well with clients, contractors, consultants and colleagues
- Ability to work in a team environment and meet project deliverables in a timely manner
- Fully proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- Creative and pragmatic with a focus on design
- Experience with digital and analogue model making skills a recommended asset
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Other graphic software is an asset
- Knowledge of regional building code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Intern Architect, Toronto” in the subject line.
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.