Reporting to the Corporate Controller and working closely with the North American finance and accounting team, the Payroll & General Accountant will be responsible for overseeing payroll of four North American studios (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Seattle) and our Dubai studio, along with producing management reporting and contributing to improved financial policies and procedures.
- Manage payroll for North America & Middle East studios: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle and Dubai
- Working within the ERP System (BST) to ensure accurate completion of employee timesheets and managing data within the system
- Maintain vacation/paid time off tracking spreadsheet in compliance with company policies
- Work on payroll cost allocation bookkeeping and assisting with general ledger duties and reconciliations as necessary
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly management reports
- Assist with the ongoing development, improvement, and implementation of financial policies, procedures, and processes
- Liaise with external auditors and assist in preparation of audit working papers
- Work on other financial analysis and reports as required
- Completed postsecondary education in Accounting/Business or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in payroll and general accounting with experience in a professional services firm strongly preferred
- Experience in an architectural/design firm considered an asset
- Payroll experience (preferably ADP) required, payroll certifications (PCP) an asset
- US payroll and benefit knowledge is an asset but not mandatory
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA) preferred (or working towards), along with knowledge of GAAP and best practices, current accounting rules and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Highly detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to [email protected], with “Payroll & General Accountant, Toronto” in the subject line.
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.