Reporting to the Global Director, Marketing & Business Development (M&BD) and based in Toronto, the Proposals Manager, North America will partner with Principals to facilitate / develop sales strategies and win themes for pursuits and proposals, and will be responsible for the development and ongoing management of infrastructure, content, processes and reporting required to continuously improve the quality and win rates of all proposal submissions.
The Manager, Proposals will lead and manage a team of Proposal Coordinators / Specialists based in studios across North America, enabling Principals to concentrate time and effort on developing strategy, providing subject matter expertise and review and QA at key checkpoints.
- Team and workflow management – Manage, mentor and develop a small team of Proposal Coordinators / Specialists located in various studios, manage workflow to ensure workload is balanced across the team and time zones, as well as actively lead proposals themselves where required
- Monitor RFP databases and facilitate Go-No Go decisions – Monitor all relevant RFP databases for potential opportunities, proactively providing a preliminary assessment of opportunities against “Go – No Go” bid criteria for consideration and final decision by Principals
- Project management and coordination of RFP responses and proposal requests – Lead project management and coordination of major, complex responses; assist Principals and subject matter experts in developing compelling, written content; review requests (e.g. RFP’s, RFQ’s, EOI’s, etc) both critically and qualitatively for requirements; develop proposal structure and content to meet requirements; and take a proactive and strategic role in ensuring that win themes are developed and addressed
- Research & intelligence – Coordinate research and intelligence into client issues and needs and the strategic context of project opportunities, in order to better demonstrate “Our Understanding of Your Needs” in every single response and to inform the Project Vision
- Infrastructure & content – Oversee the development, organization and maintenance of regularly used / re-used content and information required for proposal submissions, in order to improve efficiency and ensure that base content is assembled as quickly as possible, so that more time is spent creating a customized and tailored response
- Pipeline tracking & proposal reporting – Coordinate the maintenance and distribution of management reports that track BD leads and opportunities, proposals-in-play, win-loss outcomes and reviews, etc
- Business development presentations – Work with Principals and the creative & graphic design team to develop presentations and packages for business development meetings and client interviews
- 8-12 years of proposals experience in the professional services sector (preferably architecture, engineering, construction), spanning RFPs, RFQs, EOIs, client presentations, including experience in large, complex, multi-disciplinary, consortium bids for the public sector
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a team in a virtual, multi-office team environment
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, with an ability to excel in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a passion for writing, with an ability to grasp technical concepts and language and convert into compelling language, as well as an ability to compile disparate content elements from a distributed group of authors into a cohesive and compelling response
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related discipline