The Senior Healthcare Planner, will oversee clinical planning, conceptual planning and high-level programming for the firm’s healthcare projects spanning scales and complexities and types. Typically, the Senior Healthcare Planner will work closely with other senior team members within the healthcare practice at B+H: Health Practice Leader (principal), Design Principal and Project Architect, Healthcare. In addition to hands-on work in developing designs and mentoring junior staff, the scope of responsibilities includes project execution planning – work plans, staffing plans, and partner and client progress reporting.
This role reports to B+H’s health practice leader and to the firm’s partnership. The scope of work is expected to be focused on projects in Asia but may include work from other regions.
The Senior Healthcare Planner will bring senior technical expertise in the planning and design of hospital facilities in Asia with experience in architectural concepts, engineering and the integration of medical equipment planning. A seasoned expert, the Senior Healthcare Planner will be responsible for medical planning, space planning, and clinical planning concepts/ solutions for large and complex projects in Asia. Drawing upon past experience in healthcare planning trends, principles, codes and innovations, the Senior Healthcare Planner will plan for utilization, planning allocation rules, sizes, layout, design and/or infrastructure of spacing and facilities for hospitals and medical facilities.
An experienced leader able to manage user group meetings and work with senior hospital management, the Senior Healthcare Planner will deliver world-class medical facilities consistent with requirements that meet technology integration, efficiency, safety and cost effectiveness.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, document and manage stakeholder/ client meetings including working sessions with design-builders and PPP proponents
- Develop conceptual, schematic and design that address the project parameters, user requirements and objectives while achieving innovative solutions
- Liaise with firm leaders in professional practice and business/ office practice
- Develop clinical space planning solutions – conceptual thru detailed planning and design development for all aspects of complex medical facilities
- Initiate and create schematic designs and plans with responsibility for preparing presentations, drawings, models and narratives for clients
- Work closely with other members of the healthcare team, mentor junior staff and lead the planning aspects of our work
- Deliver projects on schedule and within budget
- Post graduate education in Architecture or equivalent
- 10+ years of hospital / medical experience planning experience
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage multiple projects
- Good interpersonal skills and mentoring/ coaching experience
- Experience completing projects in REVIT
- ACHA, Lean and/or EDAC training/ certification a benefit
- OAA license and LEED accreditation preferred
- Recent experience working in P3 projects
- An inspirational portfolio of award winning work
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm.