Reporting to the Principal, Planning & Landscape Architecture, the Senior Urban Designer will lead the design phase of several large scale urban design projects.
- Client relations, consultant coordination, and project management for large scale master planning projects.
- Both internal and external communication and correspondence.
- Project organization, scheduling and budget control.
- May involve some international travel
- Collaborate with other design disciplines within the Toronto office as well as other B+H offices globally.
- Strategic understanding of global design trends and issues.
- Participates and oversees the development of design concept direction through implementation into subsequent production and construction stages.
- Develop planning concepts, graphic and presentation materials as required.
- Project Management of large-scale multi-faceted projects as required, collaborating with numerous teams in multiple locations
- Bachelor of Architecture, Masters of Urban Planning / Urban Design or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of design & project management experience for large scale urban design and planning projects.
- Experience in international projects, particularly in the Middle East
- CIP/OPPI Membership
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong graphic (hand/computer) presentation skills
- Strong urban design skills
- Ability to perform in a multi-discipline team environment
- Good working knowledge in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, MS Office
- Strong graphic presentation skills; proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in local approval processes and requirements
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com, quoting “Senior Urban Designer, Toronto” in the subject line.
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.